Camp Rimrock & Pioneer
23125 Thunderhead Falls Rd.
Rapid City, SD 57702
We are seeking applications for the following positions:
Position Description – Administrative Assistant
Job Status: Year Round / Part Time
Position Supervisor- Camp Director
- Work to accomplish camp goals and vision as identified by the Commission
- To be a hands on administrative assistant carrying out administrative and bookkeeping functions
- Track Summer Camp registrations and payments.
- Work with UltraCamp, our online registration and donor website manager, to build and maintain user database.
- Assist in marketing and outreach contacts: telephone, email, mail, in person to build rapport and relationships.
- Partner with Director and Camp Commission in developing sales, marketing, outreach, website, social media and other relationship building and communication tools.
- Support all development, fundraising, communication, and donor relation initiatives
- Assist the Director to update all social media platforms and website.
- Complete tasks efficiently, completely, on time and within times set by supervisor.
- Be an active participant in developing solutions, assisting in addressing unforeseen situations, and making improvements to meet or exceed client expectations..
- Christian, actively engaged in living out your faith;
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, stay on time and task and keep accurate records
- Experience working with the public, excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude, ability to care for personal spiritual needs
- Ability to think big picture and make recommendations for reservation, contract and confirmation process improvement.
- Creative, proactive problem solving abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, in writing one on one or in a group settings
- Dependability, honesty, congeniality and work schedule flexibility
- Ability to maintain computer, communication and other office equipment proactively
- Experienced and able to use a computer and the following: MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint), Internet browsers and email (send/receive attachments), ability to learn other programs as needed.
- Normal working hours are on a flexible schedule, or as needed, weekdays year round; evenings and weekends as needed
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Location: Most of the responsibilities can be performed off site, so we are open to applicants in any location with a preference given to someone who lives close to our locations.
Evaluation: The Director will prepare an annual review with input from the Camp Commission. The review will be based on achievement of goals and objectives previously agreed upon, and subjective evaluation regarding overall performance.
Term: This person shall be employed for an indefinite term unless otherwise agreed upon in a Letter of Employment (attached if applicable), or as long as mutually agreeable between this person and the Director.
Salary/Benefits: Salary = $12.00 an hour for up to 20 hours per week, Mileage/Travel/Expense reimbursement – As approved and budgeted
Position title: Crew/Counselors June 5-July 29
Position will run from June 5, 2017 through July 29, 2017. Responsibilities will be to assist the Camp Director and Assistant to the Director in providing camp programs. Weekly salary includes room and meals. Will be required to be on site the majority of the time. Will report to the Camp Director.
Duties will include:
- responsible for leading Bible studies, devotions, crafts, activities, and evening camp fires (with
- assistance from the Camp Director and Assistant to the Director)
- responsible for supervision of campers
- responsible for being a good Christian role model for campers and guests
- responsible for assisting Maintenance with projects around the camp property when no
- camps are being held.
- coordinating with the Camp Director ongoing maintenance of grounds and buildings
- responsible for keeping the grounds well kept including but not limited to mowing, watering,
- garbage pickup, weed control, etc.
- responsible for keeping bath and shower houses clean,
- responsible for working with work teams on special projects.
responsible for assisting with the preparation of meals,
responsible for assisting with safe food storage and preparation,
responsible for assisting with ensuring kitchen is clean and sanitary.
Upon completion of the application and 3 reference forms, material will be reviewed to match your gifts with the ministry. You will be notified one way or another whether you are chosen for further interviews. We will call or email you about a date and time for phone interviews.